The Trailblazer

The Student News Publication of Vincennes University

The Trailblazer

The Trailblazer

Counseling Center holds annual health fair

Amber Taylor
Crypto, a service dog, poses for a picture in front of the Heart to Heart hospice resource table.

Students and faculty last week enjoyed free food and bowling, all while learning about both on- and
off-campus health resources.

The annual Counseling Center’s Health Fair was held on March 20 inside the Jefferson Student Union.

Tables were set up to showcase various resources such as the Vincennes University Police Deaprtment, Court Appointed Special
Advocates, Heart to Heart Hospice, IU School of Medicine, and the Vincennes Family Health Center.

Students had the chance to earn free bowling and raffle prizes by visiting each table and learning more information.

Each resource had volunteer and paid opportunities that students could participate in, and there was even a dog with the Heart to Heart Hospice team.

Crypto, the dog, is part of their pet therapy program wherein he visits hospice patients and serves as a companion daily.

The campus police offered students the chance to walk a straight line or catch a ball while wearing goggles that impaired their vision. There was also “drunk” bowling, where goggles were used to impair vision and served as a
lesson on how drinking affects daily activities.

One table allowed participants to get their blood pressure taken, while another offered information about veteran programs.

Students learn about various resources from the Vincennes University Police Department and Heart to Heart hospice teams during the annual Health Fair held on March 20 at the Jefferson Student Union. (Amber Taylor )