The Trailblazer

The Student News Publication of Vincennes University

The Trailblazer

The Trailblazer

VU professor to host workshop on how to photograph Solar Eclipse

Humanities also hosting showing of eclipse film on Thursday

With the Solar Eclipse now less than a month away, students and faculty here will be given the opportunity to learn how to safely photograph the event from a seasoned professional.

VU photography professor Christopher Schneberger on Friday will host a workshop on how to photograph an eclipse for VU students and faculty. The event is also open to the public.

The workshop will be held from 1:30-3 p.m. in the Shake Learning Resource Center, Room 112, located at 130 E. College Drive.

Admission to the workshop is free, and the public is invited to attend.

Parking will be available in the Second Street parking lot, located between College Avenue and Harrison Street.

Vincennes is located in the Path of Totality for the upcoming Solar Eclipse on April 8. This area will enjoy the longest period of totality in the state at just over four minutes of darkness.

In addition to the workshop, the Vincennes University Humanities Film and Lecture Series will host a screening of Totality: The American Eclipse from 6-8 p.m. on Thursday at the newly-renovated Shircliff Theater, located in the Shircliff Humanities Building.

Totality: An American Eclipse explores why a total solar eclipse has such a profound influence on those who witness it and how the [2017] American eclipse is impacting towns across the U.S. as they prepare for their populations to quadruple overnight, according to a press release issued by university faculty.

Sarah Wolfe, the Knox County eclipse director, and Eric Heidenreich, executive director of the Gibson County Visitors and Tourism Bureau, will also be on hand to discuss plans for the upcoming Solar Eclipse and to help draw insight from the film.