The Trailblazer

The Student News Publication of Vincennes University

The Trailblazer

The Trailblazer

Tecumseh Review to return

English department looking for submissions for creative writing, art, photography

After eight years, Vincennes University’s English department is bringing back the Tecumseh Review, a collection of creative writing and art.

And this year’s theme will highlight the upcoming Solar Eclipse.

Students and faculty can submit their choice of art and photography, essays, poetry, songs, scripts and short stories that can be both fiction or nonfiction.

English Department Chair Matt Norman said, “the hope with the Tecumseh Review is the chance for students to explore with creative writing a bit more, for them to be published and have fun with whatever their hearts lead them to write.”

In past years, the Tecumseh Review was considered for awards and prizes, and this year is no different. Submissions will be considered for the “Editors’ Choice” award, which will be announced at the April 2024 reVUe Arts and Humanities Festival.

The submission deadline is March 1. Entries can be emailed to [email protected], to Norman at [email protected], or to Liz Curtis at [email protected]. The department is asking that name, mailing address, phone number and email address be included at the time of submission.

“This edition in particular will tell the story of the year at Vincennes University, as it relates to writing and as it relates to art,” Norman explains. “If everything goes according to plan, it will be published in April after the eclipse, this huge event that is happening in our community.

“We want to be able to celebrate and (have the students work) be remembered for years to come.”

Though the theme is the Solar Eclipse, which will be on April 8, people are encouraged to submit anything that they would like, in any genre.

For questions or more information, call the English department office at 812-888-5113 or visit the office, which is located in the Shircliff Humanities Building, E108.