The Trailblazer

The Student News Publication of Vincennes University

The Trailblazer

The Trailblazer

Student Affairs collecting winter wear for students

Donation boxes placed around campus

The Student Affairs Committee has undertaken a heartwarming initiative to support the students of VU as chilly weather approaches. 

Its members are currently in the process of collecting donations of hats, gloves, and scarves, emphasizing that these items should be in new or gently-used condition.

Donation boxes have been placed around campus and will remain in place through Friday. The boxes are labeled with a flyer featuring a bear wearing a hat and scarf and details about the donations.

And it’s not just students who can pitch in.

“The majority of donations are being made by the staff and faculty to help the students,” said Penny Kirk, an associate professor and department chair for Study Skills.

On Nov. 6, all the donated items will be gathered and redistributed to various dorms on campus. This redistribution will make it more convenient for students to access these winter essentials, ensuring they stay warm during their walks to class. 

“All donations will be looked over by staff to make sure they are in good or perfect condition for students,” said Kirk.

These donations are to help the students feel more comfortable during these cold months and for the students who are tight on cash, or forgot to pack these articles of clothing. 

“I hope that with these donations, students can benefit from them and appreciate the kind efforts people made,” she said. 

For more information or to make a donation, contact Kirk at 812-888-4219 or via email at [email protected].

Boxes have been distributed to the colleges of Humanities, Health Science and Human Performance, Business and Public Service, Homeland Security & Public Safety, SEM, Technology, and Social Science, Performing Arts & Communications, as well as the Old Post Bookstore, first floor of Davis Hall, and the JAG College Success Program at the Extended Studies building.