Ceramics Club hosts annual Pottery Sale

Vincennes University’s Ceramics Club hosted their annual pottery sale on Monday April 25. It will continue on April 26 and 27. The sale was postponed for two years because of Covid but is now back for faculty, staff, students, and the community to enjoy. 

The pottery sale included pieces made by the club and the club advisor such as bowls, pitchers, mugs, containers, and plant waterers. All items were priced by their creator based on how much effort and how long it took the student to make them.

The pottery sale will continue from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. on April 26 and 27 in the Art & Design Gallery.

Trailblazer editor Josie Kidder reported on the event, took photos, and interviewed some of the customers that attended the sale.

Hand-crafted pottery by students and advisor

Art education major from Sullivan, Indiana, Emily Ravellette discussing pottery with her art professor Stephen Black. “I’m glad I got the chance to stop by and support the club since I am the ceramics club’s president. I also ended up buying a few pieces as well,” said Ravellette.
Students pose for a photo with ceramics 

Students looking at pottery for potential purchase. “I came because we had a break in art class and I love coffee cups so I figured I’d stop by and see what they had. My favorite part was getting to see a few of my classmates’ artwork, it was fun, “ said Rashaud Royston, a fashion design major from Indianapolis, Indiana.