The Trailblazer

The Student News Publication of Vincennes University

The Trailblazer

The Trailblazer

Tuesday Talks to prepare students for jobs

The career center is looking to help students take the first steps in finding a job.

Tuesday Talks kicked off on Aug. 29, and more will be held on five consecutive Tuesdays this semester.

The content of Tuesday Talks will include how to create a resume, how to search for a job, and what to do in an interview. 

The Career Center is holding these events for all majors and students at Vincennes University, and their goal is to show what the career center has to offer and to help students be better prepared for applying and looking for future jobs. 

These learning sessions will, in turn, help with other future events the career center is holding, such as a part-time job fair held on Aug. 31.

The job fair saw several companies represented, like American Table, Buffalo Wild Wings, Culvers, DKD Genetics, Inc., Dollar Tree, Fastenal First Bank, Fox Ridge Manor, Gentlecare Strategies Nursing Home and Rehab, Good Samaritan, Highway Machine Co., Home Instead, Home Sweet Home Care, JT’s Place, KCARC, Knox County Central Dispatch, Knox County Chamber of Commerce, Lewis Bakery, Lodge of the Wabash, McAlister’s Deli, Old Chicago, Pike County Sheriff’s Office, Save-a-Lot, Sevita, Texas Roadhouse, Tractor Supply Co., Trilogy Health Services, Wendy’s, Willow Manor, YMCA-VanGo, VU Foundation and Alumni, IT Offices, Admissions, Student Recreation Center, and Sodexo. 

The Career Center’s mission is to better connect students with local part-time job opportunities. 

Tuesday’s Talks are set for:

Sept. 5
Sept. 12
Sept. 19
Sept. 26
All Tuesday Talks will start at 11 a.m. at three locations, specifically the Wathens Business building in the first-floor student lounge, the College of Technology first-floor atrium, and Shake Learning Resource Center first-floor Knowledge Market.

For more information, contact Rachelle Irvin at 812-888-4280 or send an email to [email protected].