Senior Thank You

As I wrote my senior reflection I knew that I could not end my time at the newspaper without giving a shout out to two special individuals.

For starters I want to thank professor Emily Taylor for everything she did for me not only as an advisor, but also my professor. No matter what crazy idea I had or wanted to try she never doubted me or told me no. 

If anything she always encouraged me to try something new and always supported me. Which for me was a huge deal because I was my harshest critic and often wanted to give up but she always offered help and encouraged me. 

She always did everything she could to help me reach my goals, which I am forever grateful for. I will never be able to thank her enough for all she did for me, but I figured this was a great start.

Secondly, I could not end my time here without giving a nod to broadcasting professor Eric Stidman. I started my time at VU in one of his classes having no idea that would lead to becoming his student worker and making a friend in the end. I have never had a professor or teacher who cared so much about my well being in and outside of school than professor Stidman.

I actually looked forward to coming to work every day for him and finding out what crazy jobs he had for me that day. I honestly do not know what I would have done without Stidman as a professor or boss.

Although he tried daily to get me to change to a broadcasting major, I knew in the end he supported me in my journalism career. He often sent me pictures of my stories he found such as in the alumni magazine, and even the Trailblazer newspaper which he actually kept copies of because my stories were in there.

Just like professor Taylor, I can never thank Stidman enough for all his support and everything he did for me.

So thank you Taylor and Stidman, it really means the world to me how much you two believe in me. I never would have made it through school without you both.