Many events available on campus this week

Although Covid and the cold weather have limited the activities on the Vincennes University campus, there are still plenty of events coming up that students can enjoy.

Celebrating Black History Month, Student Activities are putting on a showing of “King Richard” for Monday Movie night on Feb. 7 at 6 p.m. in the Jefferson Student Union. 

The movie is about how Richard Williams helped shape his daughters, Venus and Serena Williams, into the tennis legends they are today. There will be free popcorn and drinks for students who attend.

On Tuesday, Feb. 8, Critical Confirmed and Shake Library will be preparing for a fun-filled game night in the LRC Cafe from 7- 9 p.m.

“Game Night with Critical Confirmed and Shake Library will be a fun night full of board games and friends. This event will be a great opportunity for students to make friends and play board and card games! Both classic and modern games will be provided for the public to play, but students are also welcome to bring their own games,” said Critical Confirmed President, Bicknell, Indiana, native, and elementary education major Grace Jones.

For people more into the sports scene, VU athletics will be playing multiple games throughout the week of Sunday, Feb. 6 to Saturday, Feb. 12.

“Students should attend the VU Sporting Events because it is a way to show school spirit and support your classmates! It also gives you something to do during the week,” said Blue Crew public relations coordinator, physical therapist assistant major, and Jasper, Indiana, native Marissa Bradley.

The teams that will be playing throughout the week are Men’s and Women’s basketball, VU’s Esports team, Men’s baseball, and the Women’s track and field team.

For those wanting to improve their LinkedIn page, VU will be holding a free workshop for all students to help refine their LinkedIn accounts and network with recruiters. This Workshop will be held in Room 210 at the Technology Building on Thursday, Feb. 10 from 11- 11:50 a.m.For more information about future upcoming VU events, please click this link: All Events – Vincennes University (vinu.edu)